According to a Linkedin post, the first meeting of UAMschool4cities project leaders has taken place. The training programme will be piloted with 70 city employees from 10 cities across Europe and at the end of the course participants will be awarded with the ‘’UAM for Cities Certificate”.
The mission of the programme is “to create a learning framework and a training programme for current and future local authority employees which will equip them with the necessary skills to manage the uptake of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) services in their city. In particular, this project will create a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) for professionals of any background interested in entering the local Public Administration mobility sector.
“The MOOC will enable participants to:
- Get familiar with UAM concepts and key technologies.
- Keep up with relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Include UAM in urban development agendas.
- Develop responsible and socially acceptable UAM services for the benefit of citizens.
According to the programme’s website: “In UAMschool4cities, Future Needs will develop an initial Occupational Profile based on outcomes of a series of two-day workshops in five countries with a panel of high-performing city staff already working in the area of UAM for their city. During each workshop these skilled employees will identify the duties and tasks that make up their job. Thus the result will be an Occupational Profile which describes a job in terms of specific duties and tasks that competent UAM staff must perform. Finally the description will be complemented by a visually attractive user-friendly chart.
“Furthermore, Future Needs Management Consulting will also design the e-learning Training Platform of UAMschool4cities, which will host the online course. The Training programme will be available in 5 languages: English, French, Greek , Portuguese, Slovenian. At the end of the project partners will release the validated Training Programme as a service to become available for every European city and beyond.”
By the end of the project partners aim to have achieved the following mid-term outcomes:
- The delivery of a comprehensive Occupational Profile for UAMpublic domain experts that Human Resources departments across local, national and EU administrations can utilize.
- The establishment of a coherent learning methodology for training public servants in UAM which cities and Adult Learning professionals may utilize.
The longer-term impact of the project will be:
- The establishment of a mechanism that will provide cities with skilled and qualified UAM experts.
- Enhanced employability of professionals from various domains through acquisition of UAM skills and competences.
- Acceleration of deployment of innovative transport services in EU cities, as a result of application of newly acquired skills in practice by trained UAM experts.
UAMschool4cities is a project funded by the Erasmus+ framework of the European Union under Grant Agreement nº 2021-1-PT01-KA220-VET-000033364, which aims to create a learning framework and a training programme for current and future local authority employees to equip them with the necessary skills to manage the uptake of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) services in their city.
For more information