The Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition has opened a call for applications for the operators in the “Smart Mobility Expo” “Advanced Air Mobility (AAM)” as part of the “Future Society Showcase Project Exhibition” starts.
Future Society Showcase Projects is a group of projects that provide experiences to a wide range of participants and visitors from Japan and abroad by utilizing technologies and services that support the theme of the Expo, “Designing Future Society for Our Lives” for the development, operation, exhibition, and events of the Expo site which will be a “People’s Living Lab”, in the form of “demonstration” that gives a sense of the future after 2025 and “implementation” that is suitable for Expo 2025 Osaka, Kansai, Japan.
This project aims to implement the operation of eVTOLs between two ports inside and outside the Expo site. The Association invites companies and organizations to participate in the project.
The following areas are considered for off-site ports that can be used during the Expo. The specific locations will be determined in consultation with the parties concerned, including those selected as the operators.
- Airport (Kansai International Airport)
- Bay area near the Expo site
- Central Osaka
The timeline for applications is:
- Tuesday, December 27, 2022: Announcement of application guidelines and start of acceptance of questions and applications
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023: Deadline for questions
- Friday, January 20, 2023: Deadline for submission of applications
- Friday, January 27, 2023: Conclusion of MOU
- The end of January 2023 (planned): Announcement of the operators
For more information
Application sheet (Japanese only) –https://www.expo2025.or.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/221226_ouboyousi.docx
Inquiries: Public Relations Department, Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition