eastwest connect reports that EHang has cooperated with Qilu Hospital of Shandong University and Shandong Qilu Taihang Rescue Co., Ltd. in development and application for EH216 ambulance version, according to a video clip posted recently on Chinese social media.
“Both Qilu Hospital of Shandong University and Shandong Qilu Taihang Rescue Co., Ltd are located in Jinan, Shandong province,” according to the report. “According to the video clip, the scope of the cooperation for the development and application of the ambulance version manned UAV is presented. It is noted that here, unmanned in UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) means no on-board human pilot, and UAV here also implies AAV. The cooperation scope covers the following:
- Develop the ambulance version of the manned UAV to fill the gap in international aviation manned UAV rescue
- Build a regional manned UAV air ambulance network system
- Establish an intelligent command center for air rescue (including manned UAV, helicopters, etc.)
- Research and develop an intelligent command and dispatch system, which has five core functions of monitoring, dispatching, management, early warning and clustering
- Formulate “Manned UAV Air Ambulance Standards”
- Establish a “manned UAV air ambulance” education and training base and assessment center
- Establish a production base for manned UAV air ambulance version.
For more information